We asked the creatives in our fam to share the 5 things they’re really into right now. Check out this gift guide for all the hard workin’ creative hustlers in your life making shit happen…
Elizabeth McGarry, YORK Athletics creative director recommends:
- "The Ninth Street Women" by Mary Gabriel for the art-loving, glass-ceiling-busting #girlboss in your life
- "Easy Fit Ts" by Entire World, but really just get a gift card because the website experience is very pleasant.
- "Baby Tapered Hoop" earrings by our homegirl Sophie Hughes, Boston-based jewelry designer & independent shop owner, she somehow always manages to strike the perfect balance between "statement" and "classic"
- Lupa Bag's "Yayoi circle bag" from our friend Katina - all handmade in Ojai, CA. #rebelliousminimalism
- The Frank in Bone & Tan is my new favorite go-to, it's super supportive in high-intensity workouts and looks killer with my fit at work, too.
Tami Kirlis, YORK Athletics marketing director choice picks:
- Lord Jones CBD gumdrops, seriously delicious. Pop one in your mouth & prepare to chill
- Beastie Boys Book. Written by Adrock and Mike D, an absolute must-read for anyone who grew up listening to the Beastie Boys (RIP MCA)
- Exerprise workout app created by our friend Mike Rosa at Anabolic Aliens. Choose the muscle groups you want to work, enter the equipment & time you have to workout and wallah, this app spits out a custom workout. Try the free version, but for gift giving, fork over $7.99 for a monthly subscription.
- Custom made-to-order and small batch leather goods by Hollis Leather. Made in Worcester, MA #supportsmallbiz
- The Henry Mid Leather, cuz leather is always better baby
YORK Athletics graphic designer Greg Ferguson loves:
- The Sinclair -- always playing something great
- Blessed -- good skating, good music, good times
- Orchard Skateshop -- it’s got everything under one roof: skateboard stuff, a bowl, an art gallery, and vintage retail
- Budweiser -- the OG energy drink
- York Athletics: The Henry Black Top -- they've really helped my dragon slaying skills.
McGarry & Sons designer and stylist Heather Danila’s reccos:
- Meow Meow Tweet - all natural Deodorant *that works!!!
- P.F. Candle Co - Teakwood & Tobacco Candle + Diffuser *this scent is to die for
- Herbivore - Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist *when you need that mid-day spritz to freshen you up
- WardrobeNYC Release No. 2 Sport Kit
- "The Frank" - any color you can rock these with anything!!! Those touches of leather dress it up or down.... it's a great shoe.